Kinx's Book Nook: Barefoot Saturday: You and Me

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Barefoot Saturday: You and Me




You and Me
Written by Stella Blackstone
Illustrated by Giovanni Manna
Ages 1 to 4
Large Format Board Book

Imagine yourself in a variety of situations along with the boy and girl in this simple rhyming text. As they play an imaginary game of opposites and contrasts, the children explore valleys and hills, light and dark, and hot and cold, but find that in the end, it's best when "You're you, and I'm me."


You and Me is one of my favorite books in the Barefoot Books catalog. As you turn each page, your child will learn about opposites in a very imaginative way. The illustrations by Giovanni Manna are absolutely beautiful. To me, each page is a work of art.

When I read this book to my girls, my voice gets very soft and calm. The rhymes are very soothing as are the pictures.  Usually, my daughter and I will play a little game. I will read the first page and she will say the opposite from the next page. It's fun watching her little mind work out what the opposite is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!