Kinx's Book Nook: The Hunter and the Hunted

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Hunter and the Hunted

Publisher: Penguin Books
Release: June 12, 2012
Format: Ebook, 101 pages
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Oh, how I love Kelley Armstrong's books! Right before the release of 13 (coming out July 24, 2012) she gives us a little teaser present with The Hunter and the Hunted. This collection contains two novellas, Stalked and Off-Duty Angel and plus a sneak peek of 13. All three are a great way to get ready for 13.

The first story is Stalked which was originally published in My Big, Fat Supernatural Honeymoon. Elena and Clayton are finally on their honeymoon and he wants to make it perfect for her. However, an annoying mutt gets in the way. These two are my favorite characters of the Otherworld series. To make this story even better, it's from Clayton's perspective. I really enjoyed watching him trying to protect Elena and give her a "normal" honeymoon. He is actually trying to respect human tradition which is pretty humorous. I love everything about Elena and Clayton and it was fun reading this little tale.

Next is a new story about Eve Levine, part-time ghost and part-time angel. Off-Duty Angel takes Eve on a little adventure while waiting for her lover, Kristof Nash, to get free from the otherworsly court. I always find it amusing that Eve always finds herself in some kind of mess and has to fight her way out. As I read this quirky tale, I'm finding that the infamous dark witch is slowly getting some scruples. Watching her decide between right and wrong is very entertaining. Eve has appeared in several of the Otherworld books and has had her own in Haunted. However, I have always pictured her mainly as Savannah's mother. Eve gave Savannah more complexity. However, I think Ms. Armstrong wrote this story to further develop Eve in time for 13. My guess is that Eve plays major role in the upcoming book.

Ms. Armstrong also included in this collection seven chapters of 13. After reading, I think she was a little bit mean giving us a tantalizing taste and then waiting until next month to give the rest. 13 opens with a bang! After reading just a few pages, I was completely hooked. I can't wait to find out how she concludes this series and probably a little bit sad that it's ending.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!