Liebster Award: I feel overwhelmed
I was nominated by some very sweet bloggers, Ginger-read Reviews and Corrie the Book Crazed Girl. I feel very overwhelmed and giddy!
What is the Liebster Award??
Well, this award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Awardees get to share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions written by the person who tagged them, choose 11 more questions, and tag 11 more bloggers to answer those 11 questions.
11 facts about me:
1. I’ve been married for 8 wonderful years.2. I have two beautiful girls (7 and 4 years old)
3. I have a dog (Layla) and two cats (Ella and Harry)
4. I’m a HUGE Oklahoma Sooners fan
5. For my day job, I’m an environmental attorney. I try to keep Oklahoma air clean.
6. Love historical fiction, urban fantasy and some paranormal romance (as long as it’s not too sappy)
7. All-time favorite author is Jane Austen.
8. My favorite UF series is the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong.
9. My favorite PNR series is the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
10. My favorite historical figure is Eleanor of Aquitaine
11. My favorite candy is gummy bears.
11 questions for me:
1. What “paranormal” being would be choose to be and why?I would choose to be a werewolf. One of my first UF series that I read was about werewolves. I really love the freedom and power they represent.
2. When did you start blogging?I started in May 2012, just last month.
3. How do you choose whether or not to read a book?Goodreads is a great source for recommendations and review. Title is really important. I won’t read anything that has a crappy title.
4. Name your favorite bookish couple. And why?Elena and Clayton from Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series. I just love their dynamic.
5. How did you come up with your blog name?
Kinx is my father’s childhood nickname for me. He still calls me that.
6. Why did you start blogging?Of course, I love to read and I read a lot. I wanted to do something that was just for me and my husband suggested I start a book blog.
7. How many books are in your to-read pile?I would say about 35.
8. Do you usually read mainstream or indie authors?
In the past, I only read mainstream authors but since I have started bloggers, I have been introduced to some really great indie authors.
9. Name a book that you could have done without reading? Any why?I have to say the Twilight Series. Not very good writing and silly story.
10. If you could teleport yourself into any fictional world, where would you go?Harry Potter’s world. I would love to attend Hogwarts.
11. If you could be any Character from a book, who would you be and why?Elena Michaels (Otherworld) or Diana Bishop (All Souls) because they are such strong and independent characters.
My 11 questions to answer:
1. What is your favorite UF series?2. Who are your favorite male and female literary characters?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. What book can you read infinite times because you just love it?
7. What “paranormal” being would you choose to be and why?
8. How many books are in your to-read pile?
9. Do you prefer ebooks or paper books?
10. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be?
11. Name a book that you could have done without reading?
Here are my tags: