Kinx's Book Nook: Feature & Follow Friday (15)

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (15)




Gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
trans Feature & Follow #117
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.
All features are chosen randomly to be the feature. They are not chosen by content or name.

Our Feature Book Liaison

When did you start blogging?
We started blogging May 1st, 2012
What is your favorite part of book blogging?
The book blogging community. I never realized that there was a whole group of people online that are as passionate about books as I am.
What is your favorite book(s)?
We both love Thoughtless & Effortless by S.C. Stephens, The Downside Ghosts Series by Stacia Kane, the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost, and too many more to name here icon smile Feature & Follow #117
What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
We had an author thank our blog (along with a bunch of others) for reviewing/featuring her first book in the acknowledgements of her second book. I wasn’t expecting it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. As a book blogger, I don’t think you ever expect to be recognized for what you do, you read because you love it, and it was really nice for someone to say thank you.


Q: What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?


A: I started my book blog as my form of escapism. I wanted to do something totally different from my day job (environmental attorney). I don't expect free books or a lot of followers. However, that is a a great perk. My new goal for my blog is to discover new authors and books that I would have never discovered on my own. I have had several authors approach me for review requests and I have been so grateful that I accepted. I've been introduced to some amazing bloggers where I have gotten some great recommendations. I have read genres that I normally wouldn't read. I'm expanding my book preferences to new and different things. I guess in a nutshell, my goal for my blog is to keep expanding my mind and discovering new authors and books.

11 comments:

  1. Great answer! Since becoming part of the community, I too have discovered many books I otherwise wouldn't have. Old follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. Hey! Another attorney. Me too. An unemployed attorney at the moment because I just moved.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the answer; very true. Right when I started visiting other blogs, I discovered new and interesting books through them that I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise.

    New follower here. :)

    My FF @ Her Fiction Fix

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE finding new friends, new authors and books that I didnt even know about. Love your answer :) Have a great weekend :)

    New GFC follower

    http://theparanormalpalace.blogspot.com/2012/10/friday-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower hopping through! :) My FF is here.

    That's an amazing answer! I consider my blog a form of escapism, too, even though I have only just started! I've always been writing to escape reality. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice answer, just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower on GFC.

    I found expanding my horizons into reading MM stories actually got me into writing, and now I have my own paranormal romances, lol. Mostly mm, but hey, love comes in all types, right? Looking at your favorite series, we have a lot of favs in common. I enjoy the Alpha & Omega books A LOT, though I think the Mercedes Thompson stories have started to fizzle a little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower wow your answer was well thought out and covered all the bases. Hoping through click on my name to see my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, I know I would never had found half the authors that I am a huge fan of if not for my blog.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!