Kinx's Book Nook: It's Monday! What are you reading?! (16)

Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?! (16)

 
Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! Hosted by Book Journey.
Here's what I'm reading this week:
 
Savages by Don Winslow
 
Synopsis
 
Part-time environmentalist and philanthropist Ben and his ex-mercenary buddy Chon run a Laguna Beach-based marijuana operation, reaping significant profits from their loyal clientele. In the past when their turf was challenged, Chon took care of eliminating the threat. But now they may have come up against something that they can’t handle – the Mexican Baja Cartel wants in, and sends them the message that a “no” is unacceptable. When they refuse to back down, the cartel escalates its threats, kidnapping Ophelia, the boys’ playmate and confidante. O’s abduction sets off a dizzying array of ingenious negotiations and gripping plot twists that will captivate readers eager to learn the costs of freedom and the price of one amazing high.
 
I'm reading this for my October Book Club. It should be a fun read.
 
I'm, also, still plowing through The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling.



4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read - how many pages?
    I soooo want to get the Casual Vacancy i have heard such good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savages has about 290 pages and it's a very fast read. The Casual Vacancy is taking a little longer to get through. I like it but its a bit tedious at times.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh interesting! Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My my! Sounds interesting!

    Happy Reading! :)

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!