Kinx's Book Nook: It's Monday! What are you reading?!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?!


Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! Hosted by Book Journey

Here's what I'm reading this week:



 I found this trilogy during Banned Book Week and fell in love. I've already finished The Color of Earth and now I'm reading the other two.

When Ehwa goes to the town festival, she meets a handsome young wrestler named Duksam who’s eager to catch her eye. After he wins the festival wrestling championship, he and Ehwa begin to meet, sneaking spare moments to be together. But a shadow falls on their romance when Master Cho sends Duksam away and asks for Ehwa’s hand in marriage himself. It is then that Ehwa discovers the pain of heartbreak – and that love is always complicated.





As Ehwa grew from a girl to a young woman in The Color of Earth and The Color of Water, she began to understand and experience love and relationships, with her mother as a model and confidante.  Now, in the heartwarming conclusion to this lyrically written and delicately drawn trilogy, Ehwa's true love comes at last, and as her mother looks on, she takes the final steps towards becoming an adult. 

6 comments:

  1. This was a banned book? Why? Can't wait to read your review, these books are really intriguing me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the first book, there is some sex in it but it's not graphic. A little bit of nudity but once again not graphic. Lastly, there is a young boy who has his first wet dream. In the second, there is a masturbation scene. But nothing that is really over the top.

      Delete
  2. The covers are so gorgeous! I might just have to add these to my reading list for my Olympics reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh interesting! These are new to me but I do like the covers! They are very pretty!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are really unique. I've never heard of or read either of these. Thank you for sharing!

    If you'd like to stop by, here's what I'm reading this week.

    xo,
    JL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me crazy interested in these books ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!