Kinx's Book Nook: Throwback Thursday (15): Absolution by Murder

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throwback Thursday (15): Absolution by Murder

 
Throwback Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by The Housework Can Wait and Never Too Fond of Books.
It’s the nature of book blogging to focus mainly on new releases, but there are thousands of great books out there that haven’t seen the “New Releases” shelf in years. We hope to be able to bring attention to some older titles that may not be at the top of the current bestseller list, but still deserve a spot in your To-Be-Read pile.
You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can put up a Throwback Thursday post on your non-bookish blog; or if you don’t have a blog at all, just use the comments to tell us about a book you remember fondly.
My Throwback Thursday:

Absolution by Murder by Peter Tremayne
First published in 1994

In seventh centry Ireland, the Irsih chruch and the Church of Rome convene a special council to reconcile the differences of their individual religious doctrines. Outspoken and sharp, the young Sister Fidelma of Kildare is among those asked to attend. But when the leading Celtic speaker is found savagely murdered, Sister Fidelma must quickly unmask the culprit - before this debate dissolves into all-out civil war!

I love this series! It is a wonderful historical mystery series!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a book set in the 7th century. How intriguing. I'd be really interested in reading this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try this series for ages but I always forget who it's by! Thanks for posting this I'll have to check this meme out :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that sounds fascinating! I haven't read much historical mystery, but this one sounds like a good one to try.

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!