Kinx's Book Nook: It's Monday! What are you reading?!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?!


Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! Hosted by Book Journey.

Here's what I'm reading this week:


The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

My thoughts so far:

I found the first hundred pages to be a tad confusing. Ms. Rowling introduced a lot of characters very quickly. It was difficult getting a handle on all of them. However, once you get past the first hundred pages, the characters take hold and you start to really enjoy the political drama of this quiet community.


4 comments:

  1. I have Casual Vacancy waiting for me but what you just said above is what I have been hearing from others as well. I hope i enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Haven't seen too many reviews of this and I am still on the fence about it! Will have to wait for your review!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about this, but I've heard bad things too. I hope you end up totally enjoying it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love political intrigue so I have high hopes for that. - Braine

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!