Kinx's Book Nook: Feature & Follow Friday (17): Kinx's Book Nook

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (17): Kinx's Book Nook



Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be 

followed.
Featured Blog: Kinx's Book Nook
That's Me!!

When did you start blogging

May 2012

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

For me, writing a great review for a wonderful book and sharing it with my fellow book lovers. I really love getting comments that people liked my review and are now putting that book on the TBR list.

What is your favorite book(s)?

Persuasion by Jane Austen
Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

I would have to say meeting some amazing people in the book community. I’ve met authors and fellow bloggers that have introduced to me books that I would never have considered reading. I really love the independent authors and helping them promote their books. Everyone is so supportive. I have yet to encounter any nasty bullies or negative feedback. It’s all been a wonderful experience so far!

Question: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre.

Answer: I would say nonfiction, specifically memoirs. My favorite is Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. It is one of the few times that I laughed and cried at the same time. It is an amazing story. 







44 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature! You have great taste in fave books. :) I am a new follower through GFC! Check out my FF post here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. Congrats on being the feature! Sorry that the linky was messed up earlier this evening. You're now up as the featured blog on the linky. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being featured!! Non-fiction books doesn't fit me, hehe.
    Old Follower :)
    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured! I have a feeling a lot of people are going to answer with "nonfiction" this week, and I am one of them! I also enjoy memoirs, but mine are usually based around a couple of particular subjects.

    New follower via GFC! My F&F post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally stalking your site just a bit and I noticed that you're a Kate Daniels fan! This makes you tops in my book! ALso you're a Harry Potter lover which makes you above reproach! Sorry I deleted the other comment!

    New follower by GFC and you should check out Vicariously! if you get the chance!!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being featured! Non-fiction isn't my usual genre, but I do dabble occasionally. Happy Friday!

    Old follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the feature! Old follower hoping through.

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured! Yay! I don't step outside my genre these days! There are so many kinds of paranormal reads that I don't really need to!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being featured!! I haven't actually ventured into memoirs, but I haven't ventured far out of my comfort zone.... as yet!!

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Round of applause on the feature! I'm not a nonfiction fan either, and I honestly can't remember ever having read one ~ not since I was in college anyway... *new follower*

    My FF

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the Feature!

    I am a new follower (of course) and I see a lot of familiar looking books on your read and to-read list.

    Here's my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love persuasion :) I am new follower via GFC!
    http://picturemereading.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/meme-stepping-out-of-you-usual-genre/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers! I also love it when I've taken the time to write what I think is a good enough review and then people comment saying they enjoyed reading it and that it's good and stuff! :) I also love Persuasion, Harry Potter ane the Discovery of Witches :)

    New follower via GFC!
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try reading a memoir, and I think I'll start with Angela's Ashes because you rec-d it.

    New follower! Here's my F&F :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on being featured! I hadn't even thought about memoirs, but at the same time, I haven't read many either.

    I am an old linky follower. Here's my FF post for this week.

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on getting featured! Great answer :).

    Old follower.
    Here's my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats of getting featured!

    New Follower: http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. A good memoir every so often is refreshing. Congrats on being featured this week. New follower via GFC. my FF is here: http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-fridayusual-genre.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! I followed you!

    Mines: http://simple-books.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-follow-6.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
  21. Huh, I don't really like reading memoirs. Most of the stories are usually pretty heavy so I don't like it very much, of course, if it's a person that I admire, reading their memoirs seems like a logical thing :)

    Followed via GFC,
    here's my FF, please check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't really like memoirs either, only fictional ones, which really lose the whole point :D But congratulations! A new follower

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on being the featured blog this week! I loved seeing the Harry Potter series in your favorite books ♥ I've also been meaning to read 'A Discovery of Witches' for a while now :) And I've heard great things about Angela's Ashes, hopefully if I ever get out of my USUAL genre I'll get a chance to check it out!

    New follower via GFC

    Here's my FFF

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on being featured and great answer! :]

    Here's my FF!

    New GFC follower!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratz on being featured this week!
    Have a great Friday :)

    New email follower (sugar_and_snark AT yahoo .com)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  26. New follower! I agree...you really can't go wrong with Jane Austen and JK Rowling, can you? I haven't read A Discovery of Witches yet.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  27. New Follower. :)

    Personally, Non-Fiction is not my type of book but I'm glad you enjoy something else!

    Here's my My FF

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmm... I don't really get into non-fiction, but I know many that love it. Congrats on the feature. I'm a new GFC follower.

    ~ Cia
    www.ciasstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, right there with you on 'Angela's Ashes' -- when I finished it the first time, I immediately re-read it. It was so powerful, so moving. And yes, several Kleenex were required for the sad parts.

    The only other biography that's really moved me like that was 'The Autobiography of Malcolm X'. If you haven't read it, you should definitely pick it up.

    Old follower passing through :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. New Follower! :)

    Ooh I'll have to check out A Discovery of Witches. I haven't heard of it.

    Great Feature!
    ~Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats! on being featured,have a good week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on your feature! New Follower :)

    My FF: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/10/follow-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. New follower. Congrats on being the feature. My FF http://contagiousreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on being the feature! I don't normally read nonfiction, but I keep meaning to. Angela's Ashes seems like a good place to start!

    New follower, My FF

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love young adult, I tend to stay away from non-fiction but want to like it.

    New follower via GFC.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on being a feature this week! New follower! :)

    I really never, and I mean never, read nonfiction. I can't even think of one I've read recently, if ever. Maybe I should take a look at one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've tried reading memoirs, but it's just not for me... I guess adult fiction would be where I got the most out of my usual genre...

    Congrats on being featured, I'm a new follower ;)

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on the feature! I'm not a huge nonfiction fan, but I did enjoy Angela's Ashes a few years ago. Old GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Glad to hear A Discovery of Witches is one of your favorites. I downloaded it recently and can't wait to get started.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I loved a Discovery of Witches and of course Harry Potter is my number 1! Congrats on being featured this week.
    Old GFC follower :)

    Witchy Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on getting featured! It's nice meeting another Harry Potter fan here on the blogosphere!
    New follower! Here's my FF!
    Katie @ Fiction Predictions

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats on being featured!!! :) Harry Potter fan here too! I would also love to read more Jane Austen. I've only read "Pride and Prejudice" back in high school and that was by accident! LOL. I loved it though.

    New follower via GFC!

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congrats on the feature!!!!
    Wow, great choice! I didn't read the book of this one but the movie was just heartbreaking!
    Stopping by with my FF'S for this week
    Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com
    Have a great week! =D

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!